Triple amputee Afghan war hero Josh Boggi has backed the Mirror’s call for people to mark Remembrance Day on their doorstep.
Josh, who lost his legs and right arm to a Taliban bomb on New Year’s Eve 2010, was due to join comrades marching for this year’s service.
Last year he dodged death again after smashing into a lorry at 25mph in a horrific bike crash in Spain.
As commemorations are curtailed by Covid-19 restrictions, we want the nation to pause in reflection outside their homes at 11am on November 8.
Josh, 34, said: “I’m very disappointed not to be taking part in a ceremony this year, but it’s very important for all veterans that people still take part in the two minutes’ silence.
“Even if it is just standing on your doorstep for two minutes, we should all remember those who lost their lives to uphold our freedoms and our standards.”
Josh’s call was echoed by Laurence Green, grandson of Bernard Green – one of the few British soldiers to serve in both world wars.
Laurence, of Devon, said: “It would be absolutely frightful if we forgot to remember them.”
Anthony Battersby, 76, son of Reginald St John Battersby, the youngest officer in the Battle of the Somme, said: “This year’s remembrance is as important as it always is.”
A small number of veterans, members of the Royal Family and political leaders will attend the Cenotaph ceremony.
Our campaign has united party leaders.
Boris Johnson said: “The pandemic will not stop us honouring the sacrifice and valour of veterans, the bravest of the brave.”
Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said: “We can still honour our heroes.”